A waterfall tumbling over mossy rocks, falling to a delicate canal, bridged gently by a timber walkway, with a backdrop of rainforest — Mt Tamborine’s Cedar Creek Lodge Rainforest Amphitheatre is an idyllic story-book setting for a Mt Tamborine wedding ceremony and reception venue close to Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Romantic touches are everywhere from jasmine encrusted timber pillars, a stone-arched bridge and the sounds of birdsong against the trickling of the creek water.
The Rainforest Amphitheatre offers an architecturally designed all-weather roofed area in an outstanding location which also offers a choice of four elegant reception areas and a variety of accommodation, including luxe honeymoon suites:
Points of interest
- Reception Venues -
- The Island Glade - candles suspended from the tiered roofline bathe this dramatic open venue in soft light, as an illuminated waterfall dances on the pebbled rock pools. The Island Glade can be decorated to complement any wedding theme and the lush natural rainforest greenery. Parties of 50 or more guests can indulge the senses with fine food, wine and the natural magic of this unique rainforest location.
- Rainforest Restaurant and Lounge Bar - by night this restaurant transforms into a romantic reception venue, lit by fairy-lights and rainforest lanterns. A relaxed and enticing atmosphere, the recently refurbished Rainforest Restaurant and Lounge Bar combines modern Australian décor with romantic rainforest surrounds.The all-Australian design represents local history and modern style. The restaurant is screened by lush gardens, ancient rainforest and intricately carved screen.
- The sanctuary - Step back in time and recreate the romance of a bygone era. Australia’s rich colonial history is reflected in this stylish environment. Rays of golden sunlight light the room by day through wide white wooden venetians. By night, candles and atmospheric lighting create a sophisticated and chic mood.
- The Minter's Lantern - This intimate, elegant room represents the old world charm of the colonial era. Imagine the home of a successful pioneer featuring all the trappings of a prestigious lifestyle. Beamed ceilings, a rock and brick open fireplace, leather chesterfield settees, a piano, magnificent antiques and original artworks set the scene.
- Testimonial - Most perfect weekend of our lives – 2010 How can we thank you all for the most wonderful weekend of our lives. The service was outstanding, from the wonderful wedding coordinator and receptionist to the exceptional wait staff, bar staff and, well, everyone! The meals were delicious and the service even better. Our gorgeous reception room was decadent, warm and cosy. Thanks to you all for all you did to make our wedding day so memorable. -- see more>
- On-site accommodation - Cedar creek Lodges has been carefully designed to offer a range of Tamborine Mountain accommodation styles to suit most people and most budgets. Choose from the luxury honeymoon options or budget rooms and family units.
Things to do nearby
Cedar Creek Lodge is located in the heart of Mt Tamborine - home to artistic galleries, studios, boutique shops, cafes, restaurants and stunning Queensland rainforest experiences.